Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Today is just NOT my day...

So the day began at 6:20 when Quinn woke up SCREAMING...I totally feel like poo...Beck and I have had colds for about 4 days now and Quinn decided to join the club yesterday :) So, I guess he wasn't feeling great, ( neither am I, but was I screaming?!.....he's definately a bit more of a drama queen than the rest of us) :) So...not the best wake up call. After breakfast we head up the stairs and Quinn decides to get a little crazy near the top and falls down to the bottom. So, we get him calmed down and make sure that nothing is broken and no concussion. I decide that since we are moving soon, I will go through the bathroom closet and get it organized...the babies decide to get into my nail polish and play with all the colors... I think...no big deal. I did not think that Quinn would slam two together and shatter one of them all over the bathroom floor and the carpet outside the door. :(....totally my fault..I should not have let them play with them...so I decided to put the babies in their cribs while I clean up and attempt to get it out of the carpet. They hate this idea and cry for the entire hour that I am doing this. I decide to give up for now and take the babies out and go downstairs and get them some lunch. Beckett decides to push Quinn down the stairs...AGAIN! Oh my gosh...can this get any worse....YES...at lunch Sawyer thinks it would be fun to pull Beck up to the table while I am getting him a drink...and Beckett thinks it would be fun to pull off the big cup of milk on the table and spill it all over the floor!...all of this and it's not even 11:30! :) Bedtime anyone?


sorry Jen..no pics. couldn't find the camera. :)

7 comments:

Jen Morrison said...

Oh my gosh! So crazy! Just keep it over there please since a day like that would send me over the edge at this point. The bright side is that you have 3 adorable, creative, active boys. :-) Good luck with the carpet! Maybe switch to astroturf :-)It's great when kids are old enough to start learning cause and effect but I'm not sure the best way of learning it is pushing a brother down the stairs. Developmentally appropriate but so not happy for the sibling. Good luck!

Unknown said...

I know I shouldn't be, but I'm totally laughing right now. Poor Quinny! But, what doesn't kill them only makes them stronger right?? :) If it makes you feel any better, I let Roman play with a thing of fingernail polish and he broke it too. Banged it on the tile floor and smeared it all over my bathroom rug. The color - green. So, you're not a bad mother, just desperate like the rest of us for a little breather...try knives or plastic bags next time, might keep them entertained a little longer...

Unknown said...

Sara,

Ahhhh the joys of MOTHERHOOD I swear. Where are you guys moving to? I hope closer and not further away? Hang in there it can get better by the minute.

Tami

Sarah said...

I know...I was thinking as I wrote this that it really was more of a bad day for Quinn. Poor guy. I wish it was only on my bathroom rug...at least I could chuck that :)

Lindsay said...

OH!!! Sarah, what can I do to help you? If you just need a nap I can send Kristyn over to watch the boys or better yet, I can come watch your kiddos while Kristyn watches my crazy bunch. Please let me know I would love to help.. Oh the joys of being a mommy.

Kalli Ko said...

Lindsay, do you want to send Kristyn over to my house permanently?

dang gina, no fun. the last week or so my little treasure has decided that naps are for the birds and wants nothing to do with them. we're having quite a difference of opinion on that issue.

i'm sorry chica. can't wait till you're close and we can commiserate together.

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I'm so sorry, Sarah. That is horrible. Did you get the polish out of the carpet? It sounds like one of those days where you cry, then insanity laugh (as in, can this seriously be happening?) then lock all children in their rooms and go to the basement for a mommy timeout. I hope you don't get another one of these prize days for quite a while.