Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Goals...

Ryan and I gave eachother our goals last night and so I thought that I would share my pain with all of you....

So...I actually got three from Ryan. He gave me two and I said one of them didn't count because he thought he would be the better person and put one of mine as "taking time for myself." Okay that is all nice and everything, but totally against the rules. Not to mention the fact that it makes me look insensitive that I didn't think to do anything like that. I just wrote out my 2 goals for him and didn't look back. :)

So here is what Ryan would like me to work on...

1. Keep the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom clean.
2. Be more patient and understanding and don't read into every little thing that is said.

Now those of you who really know me are not going to be too shocked by these. I definately struggle with the housecleaning. I try, but obviously not hard enough. :) and the patience thing is a given. There is a little bit more to #2, but I can't divulge that info on this blog. (don't worry Marie...I will tell you.) :)

We decided that we could be mature adults about this and not get offended by what we were given. I think that we both took it very well....But if you see Ryan in the next couple of days....just act like you don't notice the black eye!

10 comments:

Jen Morrison said...

Are you going to tell us what you told Ryan to work on? :-)

Sarah said...

Nope! I promised him I wouldn't. I can tell you my faults...just not his. :)haha

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

That is so funny. I have never seen your house messy. Do you keep the front area always clean or do you clean it especially for the people coming over? I never would have guessed.

Unknown said...

Dang, you got off easy. Force all the boys in the house to only use one bathroom, that way only one gets dirty, hence only one to clean. Rid your room of all of Ryan's "collectibles", now your bedroom is clean and get some Prozac. Problems solved.

Kalli Ko said...

yeah, marie seems to have the right idea.

Amber Baker said...

I told Jeremy we should do this, he flat out refused. I think Marie has solved your problems--voila!

The Johnson Family said...

That is so funny. I know Matt wouldn't go for this idea at all. I don't know if he would be more frustrated at my goals for him... or more afraid of my reaction to my goals! Ha ha! You guys are great!

BeeP said...

I think I would burst into tears and just say, "I know I'm horrible at..." Way to be objective about the whole thing. You're a better woman than I.

bonitinha said...

Man, if you have issues with housecleaning, I should probably just be reported to the health department! Good luck on the resolutions!

Unknown said...

haha you guys are special...i wish you would have told ryan to mind his own business when he started telling you what to do....HAHAHA!!!!! jk,