Saturday, January 10, 2009

unconditional love...

So... this week the babies have entered the terrible two tantrum stage. They will be 18 months at the end of this month and have decided to start gearing up. I remember this with Sawyer...he started about 6 months early too....I'm still waiting for his terrible two's to end. (hee hee)

This morning Quinn started screaming and crying about nothing (I'm sure Beck had something to do with it, he usually does these days :) ) and I flicked Quinn on the mouth and told him that he couldn't scream. He of course cries harder so I pick him up and give him a hug. He lays his head on my shoulder and I go to put him down. He squeezes my shoulders tighter so I won't put him down and then lays his head back down and starts to pat my back with both of his hands! :) by the end of this I'm not thinking much about that terrible tantrum, just how freakin' cute he is. Ya gotta love it!

just between you and me...I think he probably planned the whole thing. :)

6 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

That is so cute and I am positive you are right that he planned the whole thing. I think our kids are just playing us in their hands most of the time! He is a handsome boy!

Kalli Ko said...

aw, he is a cute little jib. it's true, they are diabolical geniuses i swear.

Amber Baker said...

Yes, two is the age that if it doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger. He is a little cutie!

Jen Morrison said...

Ah what a sweetheart. So cute I bet you just wanted to snuggle him all day. I guess he just communicated how much he wanted some loves in the only way he knew of. :-)

Unknown said...

Maybe if you gave your kids more hugs, they wouldn't have to scream, cry and throw a fit to get one...just a thought. :)

And see if I make you another template. All my hard work and you go and figure out how to change it. I thought I had you stuck being my template Guinea pig! At least you could have picked a Valentines one!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I'm just glad to know that everyone is still alive over there.