Saturday, December 13, 2008

Like Mother,Like Son...

Okay, so my cousin happened to bring to my attention how much I hate shots. It's true...I knew that Sawyer's condition was hereditary! So, I thought that I would tell you this lovely story about how much I HATE shots...
Once upon a time...when I was like 12. I was visiting my extended family up in Wyoming. My cousins were going on a temple trip to Idaho with their church and I thought it would be fun to go too. However, I wasn't aware of the fact that I was going to need a tetanus shot in order to go! (BTW, I have never heard of this requirement since, I think my Aunt Connie must have thought that I could pass something terrible onto the other kids and therefore had me immunized!) When we got to the doctor...I said no way..not going to happen...I just won't go. ( I think that there might have been some running away and crying and maybe even a little hiding in the bathroom, but since no one has any evidence...we won't go there.) MY aunt proceeded to pin me to the wall with her entire body..while the nurse gave me my shot in the arm ( rather quickly, I might add...hurt like a ....) :) I have been traumatized for life! I actually decided to not have stitches last time I needed them so that I didn't have to get the shots to numb the area! Pathetic, I know. At least now when I get shots, Sawyer is with me and I have to act like it's no big deal. :)...and it's really not...except that they are stabbing you with a needle and injecting some crap that burns! I HATE shots.
The End

10 comments:

Jen Morrison said...

Oh so funny! I don't like them much either but I once had to have 13 blood tests in one month! My veins collapse and the last time I was in the hospital it took 2 people and multiple tries to get in the iv. So shots/needles are not my friend either. At least now you know where he got it from.

Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kalli Ko said...

yup that was me with the deleted comment. I was signed in under Paul. My bad.

Like Connie would say...

you are a weirdi Sarah!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I had no shots in my life until I was 20. I didn't mind needles, as far as I knew. I gave blood and it was no big deal. Okay, having something taken out of you with a needle and having something shot into you with a needle are two totally different things. I hate shots. I really hate having to act like it's no big deal when my kids are watching and I just want to cry.

Sarah said...

Thank you Jen...I totally have no problem giving blood! Wierd, huh? It just hurts like a .... when they shoot that stuff in to you... I think that everything needs to go the way of the flu mist! :)

Unknown said...

What a wimp. I'm going to go eat another cinnamon while I laugh at you. :)

Amber Baker said...

I cried for an hour straight the first time I had to have an IV-and I was a senior in high school. I still hate shots, but am much better at them now--and I give a mean shot too! I aim like it's dart and jab it in. Fast and smooth, Fast and smooth. It's a little ironic that I am a nurse. By the by, I'll send you an invite to my blog if you send me an email address: aebaker@emcity.net

The Johnson Family said...

Oh now, you big boob! Come on people its so small! Actually I was never a fan either, but a medication I took in High School requiring frequent blood tests cured that problem, it was called steroids-- NO it wasn't steroids! I wish I didn't have difficult veins though, with my first baby they had to call the anesthesiologist not for an epidural, in just for the stupid iv! Lame.

By the way cute pic with Sawyer!

Mom said...

Very cute paper, very cute pictures and I had fun reading and catching up. Good job

Lauren said...

I can't believe sawyer turned 5 yesterday. I hope the shots went well. Sydney is the opposite. On her 3 year check up 2 weeks ago, she was begging/crying for a shot. She was so excited to get it...all giddy when the nurse walked in. Then she got the shot and started crying from the pain. Like mother like daughter....all talk.