Monday, December 1, 2008

OH half CHRISTMAS TREE...

So it's been a while...I was going to do a post about fall and halloween with my kids in cute costumes, but I lost my camera and by the time I found it..we were into November. Soooo...you will just have to try to move on with your lives without seeing Ben Tennison and 2 little monkeys. So freakin' cute, I might add. :)

Anyways... on to the Christmas season...which I love (except for the snow, ugh!) So, I have been totally stressed out about putting up our christmas tree with 2 babies. I LOVE putting up the tree and usually can't wait till Thanksgiving to do it. However, the thought of trying to keep 2 little jibs from pulling everything off was too much for me. If it wasn't for Sawyer...we would not be having a tree this year...solely for my own sanity! Well, I gave into the pressure and Sawyer and I decorated the tree yesterday while the babies napped. ( we had put it up about a week ago, just no ornaments)


TADA!!!!!

We bought a gate to put up in the front so the babes would not climb under the tree and we hoped that it would hinder them from touching the tree...no such luck!...but it does keep Quinn from climbing the tree which is a feat all by itself! (the kid climbs EVERYTHING) I put all the nice ornaments on the top and put the ones that the babies could touch on the bottom. Within the first 5 minutes of them seeing the tree....they pulled off EVERY ornament they could reach...the beaded garland and some of the lights! Luckily I was smart enough to put the popcorn strands on only the top part of the tree. ( a stroke of genious!) So this year we will be singing "oh (half) Christmas Tree"... and I gaurantee that it will come down the day after Christmas! (sigh)

Just a little side note...yesterday after trying to keep the babies from pulling everything off the tree, I was making dinner and realized that I was singing ( in my head) the song from Annie...It's a hard knock life! hahaha...so funny ( and a little pathetic) :)


We have had some fun getting ready for Christmas. Each year I like to try and find some kind of craft for Sawyer to make. This year I found way too many, but these have been fun to make and put on the tree.


our gumdrop ornaments


our gumball ornaments and beaded candy canes


and our button snowflakes










12 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I always hated the baby/Christmas tree derby. It is the worst. I love those crafty ornaments though. Where did you get the idea for those and how do you make them?

Colleen said...

While we put up our tree, I mentioned to Jim that this would be the first year we didn't have to decorate only the top half of the tree. We got rid of our cats and Elijah's old enough to know better, right? Within 48 hours of putting it up, we already had two broken ornaments. And counting.

Good luck!

Kalli Ko said...

seriously cute martha

when we lived in WY and Gabe was a baby my built a real little picket fence to keep him out of the tree, it was hilar.

Jen Morrison said...

Cute decorations! You are so good to be so crafty with Sawyer. I can't do anything like that.

Unknown said...

The half of your tree that is decorated looks awesome. If I stare at the picture and squint one eye, I can get the whole thing to look like it's covered in ornaments. Of course, everything else looks covered too... How do you like your background? Be honest, I can change it if you had something different in mind.

The Johnson Family said...

Awesome! That is like at our house. I always start out rather optimistic, but by the time Christmas is here, the bottom half of the tree has been abandonded! You are smarter, I should just start out that way!

Unknown said...

I added something to your background. I thought it was fitting, for you... :)

Sarah said...

It's soooo true! Thanks Marie

Lauren said...

I have now spied on you and read your blog too. how do you make the gumdrop ornaments? They are so cute. I don't shave my arms, but I have on occasion shaved my upper lip...sometimes the hair remover stuff takes way too long and smells really bad.

Sarah said...

The gumdrop and gumball ornaments are made by hot glueing them on a styrofoam ball. So cute. I love them. They are dang cute on the christmas tree

Amber Baker said...

Hey, I didn't know you were so crafty. Sigh--some people get all the good talents. Looks good. I totally hear you with the tree. Ameila's unwrapping presents too. Oh joy!

BeeP said...

So cute! I don't envy you trying to keep out two babies! Good luck!