Monday, March 8, 2010

potty-training twins....not my favorite

So last Monday I decided to take on the huge task of potty traing twin 2 year olds. Why? you ask...because apparently I'm CRAZY! They have been showing interest for quite awhile, but I was showing no interest at all. I've always said that they will be going to Kindergarten begging to wear underwear to which I would reply... NO!
Last week we were in California (post on that coming soon!) and Quinn kept asking to go potty in the big potty. I kept telling him no...that he had a diaper on....blah blah blah. When we got home it was the same story, so I finally relented. There is no way I was going to potty train twice, so Beck got lumped in to the fun!...and what FUN it's been... (not really)

Sawyer potty trained like a champ, so I don't know why I was so overwhelmed by the task, but it has been extremely labor intensive. The boys have been doing great, but I have to say, I'm a little tired of talking about how we all go poo in the big potty, clapping for joy over urine and little poops and dumping out potties. Hopefully by the end of this week we will have it down for the most part.


a funny sidenote... We call little things of poo "nuggets", so this morning I found said nugget in the little potty. I asked Beck if he had pooped in the potty and he said, " Yeah mom...a chicken nugget!"

7 comments:

Kalli said...

next up! You can potty train my child since you're so good at it.

codik said...

cute little nugget makers!

Davis and Carter's Mommy said...

Hi, I just found your blog through Colleen's. Wow, your twins are all big--so fun! I am giggling thinking yup, done that, been there. . .hope you are well!
Heidi Penrod

Loftus' said...

hahahaha!! Cute nugget comment! My turn is coming for Cali - I'm waiting for Summer to come for that.

GOOD LUCK!!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I'm very impressed. I think I would have gone with the Kindergarten timeline. I hear you on the getting excited for poop and pee, crazy. Continued success to you all.

BeeP said...

Well, now every time I eat a chicken nugget guess what's going to be in my head! THANKS A LOT SARAH!!!! :)

bonitinha said...

Oh, what a challenge! AAAAAHHHH!!!! Good luck! And yeah, chicken nuggest will never be the same for me either...