Friday, October 10, 2008

BLOGGING AND BULLIES

Okay... so I'm totally not into the whole blogging thing, but I like a challenge. I am the worst journal keeper. I think I have like 10 journals that have a couple entries...all of which say..."okay, it's a new year and I am going to keep a journal..." I know you all have some of them too... haha. So, we'll see how this goes...



My friend Marie and I went out this last weekend and got into the subject of whether or not you should shave your arms...she does..I don't. I had never really thought much about it. I have blonde hair...I didn't think that they were overly hairy. She very kindly said they weren't bad ( I personally think that she was thinking.."shave them NOW!"). Anyways......so I'm in the shower this morning and finished shaving my legs and noticed my arm hair. Hmmmmm...should I...shouldn't I....and then, yes, I shaved my arms. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it? Did I really need to or was I bullied into feeling less about myself?! :) I don't know. I like the feel...I like the look....but where do I stop? Do I shave the little blonde hair on my hands...on my fingers? Those places don't bother me...you can hardly see it......but my arms never bothered me before until it was pointed out to me. Such a dilema. Anyways...I would love some feedback. Let's take a poll. Who shaves their arms and who goes au naturale!


14 comments:

Colleen said...

Ha ha, awesome first post.

I'm not an arm shaver. I think I'm somewhat hairy, but it is blond and do I really need another area to shave? I don't think so.

Dani said...

I don't shave my arms and I don't think anyone should. I think they should wax. On that note, mostly just people with dark hair should DEFINITELY was; people with light hair, it depends on how thick and how long it is. I just think if your arms look like a guy's arms...maybe they shouldn't look that way. If they just have hair...well, human beings have hair. You just don't want to look like a guy. Thank you and good night.

Dani said...

should definitely wax, not was.

Jen Morrison said...

yes I shave my arms. I'd look like bigfoot if I didn't. I really like how it looks and feels but I do hate the up keep so sometimes I let it grow back for a bit before shaving them again. I really need to sell everything and get laser done.

Kristen said...

I'm just waiting for it to become popular to shave our heads too, because, really, having hair is going out of style!!
I had never even heard of arm-shaving until my sister started doing it recently.
When did having hair become such a bad thing?
But, yeah, I even hate the fact that we have to shave our legs (silly cultural expectations). so whatever. :)

Robin said...

I'm so glad you have a blog--it looks great! ballshouse.blogspot

Amber Baker said...

No, I hate the feeling of when hair grows back. I am hairy, but thankfully blonde. I have been thinking about shaving the hair on my toe joints--it sicks me out!

Unknown said...

Once you start, you can't stop! It will be the tops of your hands and fingers next. Pretty soon you'll notice that hair grows different directions on your arms and that will have to go too. I'd wax, but don't want to pay for it, shaving works just fine. Mine was blond to start with and still is. All this "It's going to grow back dark" is bogus. Welcome aboard! And your template looks great. Guess you are smarter than me - you didn't have to have Bryan's help.

The Wyler Family said...

hey sarah! i have waxed my arms before and i really really liked it. i have dark hair, not like a guy, but it did bug me. i just can't maintain it. i mean, you've seen how out of control my eyebrows get... i don't shave my legs all the time... i just have a hard time keeping up with such things. anyway, i vote for waxing!

Lindsay said...

Sarah you make me laugh. I have never shaved my arms. Now I'm starting to wonder if people are going to look at my arms and think maybe I should... I don't know I don't like to prickly feeling when it grows back. I already have enough to do and I don't think I want to add on one more thing. Try it out for a while and let me know what you think.

Kalli Ko said...

like I don't have ENOUGH stubble every where else on my body... why should I add my arms?

Stephanie said...

YAY, welcome to the blogging world Sarah! :D

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I do not shave my arms. I love the feeling of no hair, but hate the work. I usually have hairy legs. I do shave my toes though.

Kari Lynne said...

I'm so glad that you are part of the blogger world now. Now I can keep up on what's going on with your cute family since, you know, I live soooooo far away.

I've never thought of shaving my arms, but Spencer's brother does and has for many years. Why is it a big deal for some guys like that. I don't get it. I'm not sure that I would shave mine because I don't like the feeling of stubble and I probably wouldn't shave them every day.